Tuesday, July 10, 2018
Are you prepared for Your Job Search? Really?
Coach Wooden said “when opportunity knocks, it is too late to prepare”. Are you ready if opportunity knocked on your door? Too many job seekers are not and have to scramble at the last minute; by then it is too late.
Here is a checklist to see if you are ready. If you cannot say yes to each of these, then you have some work to do and there is no time like the present.
1) You have (not just faking) a positive attitude and are confident in yourself and your abilities.
2) You understand and accept how the new job market works. You know that:
a. Only 10% of resumes make it passed the application tracking system keyword software
b. Only 15% of all of the jobs that are available today are posted online (85% are hidden)
c. A few weeks after you post your resume on job boards, the resume may not be viewed as often
3) You know the concise answer to why people should hire you, you do not use the same answer that everyone else gives when asked “what are your strengths?”, and you have over 50 STARs documented.
4) You have addressed any interpersonal or performance issues that you need to work on.
5) You have a resume that was crafted using a sample set of job descriptions to ensure the content is on point for the job you are pursuing and you are using the current resume format.
6) You have all 6 items of marketing materials developed.
7) You have identified up to 10 target companies and know how to use them to find the hidden jobs.
8) You have interview attire that fits and makes you feel confident.
9) You have practiced interviewing, received feedback, and made improvements.
10) You know what to do AFTER the interview.
11) You have been in a job search for a while and are getting good results.
If you were not sure about any of these items or said no, you should get busy now! Do not be one of the people who see a job posting and then realize they need to work on their resume or call the day before an interview to say they need interview help. “When opportunity knocks, it is TOO LATE to prepare”.
Contact a job coach to help you get ready BEFORE it is too late. RightChanges.biz offers affordable successful job search and career success assistance.