Friday, August 6, 2010

Keep Your Eyes Open for God in Your Job Search

Credit goes to the originator of this story .

The word is out: a flood is about to occur. A farmer living in a flood plain gets ready. He stops for one second to pray, “Father, protect me.”

The river is overflowing the banks. A jeep pulls up and the driver shouts out, “the flood is coming. Jump in; I’ll take you to safety.” The water is surrounding the farmer's home up to his front porch. The farmer says, "Thank you but God is going to protect me." The jeep pulls off.

The water rises to the second floor. A man in a boat rides up, and the man yells to the farmer who is now in the second story window, "Jump in, I'll save you." The farmer again says, "Nope, I put my trust in God." The boat rides away. Now the water is up to the roof.

As the farmer stands on the roof, a helicopter comes over, and drops a ladder. The pilot yells down to the farmer "I'll save you, climb the ladder." The farmer says "Nope, I put my trust in God." The helicopter goes away. The water continues to rise, sweeps the farmer off the roof, and he drowns.

In heaven the farmer says to God "I put my trust in you and you let me down."
God says, "What do you mean, I let you down? I sent you a Jeep, a boat, and a helicopter!!!"

God works through others. Don’t miss your Jeep, boat, or helicopter.

No comments:

Post a Comment